The Monte | The Avant | The Vibe | The Talon | How-To's | Dad's Cars | The Others   


Wheelwell Repair
Vortec Heads
Sheetmetal Parts
Suspension
Floor Pan Replacement
Body Off
The Header Panel
Suspension Parts
The 383 - Parts
The 383 Short Block
83 Monte Parts Car

When I started working on the body, one of the first problems I noticed right away was my wheel wells. You could see through into the trunk, and there was quite a bit of weak metal in the area. In hindsight, I almost wish I would have just done a set of minitubs, but when I started, I thought it would be to much work, that I would lose the rear seat, and that I didn't want to notch the frame as well.

  

I started with the driver side since it seemed to be the worst. I first cut out all the old metal that I could.

  

Then using metal cut from an old hood, I made several patch panels and welded them in. I first started by welding in sections to the floor and seat area, then finished by welding in a piece into the wheel well.

  

I had to remove the body mount on both sides as well, and still have to figure out how I am going to re-build and re-mount them.

[ Back ]

Home | Bio | Contact